Hey there! This TBR List New Additions Part 1 is a part one because I haven’t done such a post since MAY. Wow, May. I have added way too many books to share them all in one post. I’m not sure if everyone loves posts about new additions to TBR lists but it’s kind of a fun way to nerd out, discover new books, and give props to other bloggers, writers, podcasters, nerds alike. 😀 Browse the pics for some covers that appeal to you. Follow the link to the book’s Goodreads’ page, read the blurb. Add to your list. And maybe then if you have your own blog, or what-have-you, give me a shout out for bringing the book to you attention. Teamwork makes the dream work! I love to chat so feel free to ask questions or share some of your own thoughts about my new additions.
My last 2019 TBR Updates post was back in May, May 13th to be exact. So this list will start from the books I added May 14th. If I’ve got someone to thank for it I will, or some specific thoughts as to why I added it, I’ll tell you. This post will cover a couple months (don’t think I added books every month) so this will be a three part post. Let’s get started.
May 14-31st 2019 TBR List New additions
- The Bone Season, (The Bone Season, #1) – YA/Fantasy/Sci-fi by Samantha Shannon
- Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) – YA/Fantasy/Sci-fi/Historical fiction by Rachel Caine – This addition and the one above are thanks to book blogger Sofi @A Book. A Thought & her post Down the TBR Hole
- Spinning Silk (Spinning Silk, #1) – Fantasy by T. Cook – This book addition is thanks to Destiny @ Howling Libraries
- The Diviners, (The Diviners, #1) – YA/Paranormal fantasy/Historical fiction by Libba Bray – Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx introduced me to this series while she wrote about the finale coming in 2020, so I’m starting from the beginning.
- The Deepest Blue – Fantasy by Sarah Beth Durst – While I didn’t love this book I am a fan of Sarah Beth Durst so naturally I had to pick this up.
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January – Fantasy/YA/Historical by Alix E. Harrow – Here’s another addition thanks to Destiny @ Howling Libraries. That lady reads a lot! I wasn’t sure about it at first but I read another of her posts about it and so ok, let’s add it. 😉
- Do Not Go Quietly: An Anthology of Victory of Defiance – Fantasy by Jason Sizemore – And again we thank Destiny @ Howling Libraries for this TBR addition.
June 2019 TBR List New Additions
- The Starless Sea – Fantasy by Erin Morgenstern
- Dahlia Black – Sci-fi by Keith Thomas – This and the book above are thanks for Destiny @ Howling Libraries. Did I mention she reads a lot? Heck yeah! 😀
- Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1) – Fantasy/Sci-fi/YA by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) – Fantasy/YA/Romance by Laini Taylor
- Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire, #1) – Fantasy/YA by Natasha Ngan – This book and the one above are thanks to SilverWolfReads and her trip to NYC. She mentions the second book to the Girls of Paper and Fire, but you know, we gotta start from the beginning!
- Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1) – Fantasy/YA by Maggie Stiefvater – JUST finished this audio book, thank you first Ellyn @Allonsythornraxx and second, Inside My Library Mind.
- Time’s Convert (All Souls Universe, #1) – Fantasy/Historical by Deborah Harkness – I read the All Souls Trilogy by this author and really liked it. I’m not completely sold on this spin-off but we’ll see.
- Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2) – Fantasy/YA by Emily A. Duncan – This is the sequel to Wicked Saints, which I listened to and enjoyed. Not sure this is out yet so we’ll see.
- What Rose Forgot – Mystery/Thriller by Nevada Barr – Years ago I read Nevada Barr’s Anna Pigeon series as fast as I could. Then I slowed down on reading fiction and I never caught back up with her books. I’m happy to know she’s kept on writing and this appealed to me.
There you have it, my 2019 TBR new additions for the second half of May & all of June. I think there may be a duplicate or two in there but for the sake of time I’m going to let them stay. This is the list my Goodreads’ TBR showed me so I’m going with it. Of these I read “The Deepest Blue” by Sarah Beth Durst and wrote about it. And I’m currently listening to “Call Down the Hawk” (audio book) by Maggie Stiefvater. I will finish it today, just in time to end the year. Don’t forget to stay tuned and read Parts 2 & 3 of my 2019 TBR List New additions.
Have you or do you plan to read any of these? I read reviews but not always before I read a book because often once I’ve made up my mind to read a book I don’t want to know too much more about it. And often people include story synopses in their reviews. So you’re welcome to share your links with me, I will check them out after I’ve read the book. Please do share your most basic thoughts, spoiler free, here. You just might get me to push the book up my list. 😉
Happy New Year to you all! I’m really looking forward to the writing and reading that’s about to happen. Stay tuned, perhaps this year…perhaps…this year…