At first this list was going to include November and December additions. But then I saw just how many books I added in December. That month alone made up for all I didn’t add in the months before. Funny I say that as though I should be adding TONS and TONS of books all the time. That would be overwhelming. So 2019 TBR List New Additions Part 3 covers one month and you will agree it’s more than plenty.
A lot of the books I found and added in December were thanks to The Bookseller’s Year in Reading from LitHub.com. In fact, I think all the books added in December were thanks to at least a couple of Lithub.com articles. That said here I’ve linked you to Part 3 of the above list so you can then find the links to Part 1 & 2. As I write this I’ve only read Part 1. Books I add from the other parts will be new additions for January.
I don’t recall all my sources for the rest of the books I added/found in December but if I do I will tell you. The titles of each book link back to its Goodreads’ page. If you’d like to first read my New Additions Part 1 CLICK HERE. If you’d like to then or first read New Additions Part 2 CLICK HERE. I encourage you to check them out and share your thoughts should you have any.
Let’s get started with my final 2019 TBR List New Additions.
December 2019 TBR List New Additions
- Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead – Fiction by Olga Tokarczuk
- Ash Before Oak – Fiction by Jeremy Cooper
- L’Ordre du Jour – Non-fiction/history by Eric Vuillard
- Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion – Non-fiction/essays by Jia Tolentino
- The Overstory – Fiction by Richard Powers – this and above from article not list
- Girl, Woman, Other – fiction by Bernardine Evaristo
- Bluebird, Bluebird (Highway 59, #1) – mystery by Attica Locke
- The Nickel Boys – historical fiction by Colson Whitehead
- Conviction – mystery by Denise Mina
- The Beautiful Ones – Memoir by Prince,
- The World-Ending Fire: The Essential Wendell Berry – non-fiction/essays by Wendell Berry – I found this on the Bookseller’s list however I heard of Wendell Berry in the spring from my great Uncle. I had every intention to look into this author thanks to him.
- There There – fiction by Tommy Orange
- They Can’t Kill Us Until They Kill us – Non-fiction/essays by Hanif Abdurraqib
- The Diary of A Bookseller – Non-fiction by Shaun Bythell
- Underland – Non-fiction/science by Robert Macfarlane – This book was recommended by multiple booksellers.
- The Old Ways: A Journey on Foot – Non-fiction by Robert Macfarlane
- Ducks, Newburyport – fiction by Lucy Ellmann
- Lanny – fiction/fantasy by Max Porter – I found this on the bookseller’s list however I first found it in another Lit Hub article months ago.
- Optic Nerve – fiction by Maria Gainza
- The Dreamed Parts (Trilogia las partes, #2) – fiction by Rodrigo Fresan
- Exhalation: Stories – Sci-fi/Fantasy/Short stories by Ted Chiang
- Lent – fantasy/historical fiction by Jo Walton
- Dead Astronauts (Borne, #2) — Sci-fi by Jeff VanderMeer
- Deaf Republic — parable in poems by Ilya Kaminsky
- The Half-Life of Marie Curie (Audible Original, Audio book) – Non-fiction by Lauren Gunderson, narrated by Kate Mulgrew & Francesca Faridany – Naturally I discovered this through Audible.
- The Way She Spoke (Audible Original, Audio Book) – non-fiction/true crime by Isaac Gomez, performed by Kate del Castillo – Another Audible discovery, okay free book, same for above.
- Birthday – fiction by Cesar Aira, translated by Chris Andrews
- Morelia – fiction by Renee Gladman
- Song of Solomon – fiction/classics by Toni Morrison
- Corregidora – fiction by Gayl Jones
- Echo Tree: The Collected Short Fiction of Henry Dumas – by Henry Dumas, edited by Eugene B. Redmond, intro by John S. Wright
- The Alley of Fireflies & Other Short Stories – by Raymond Roussel, translated by Mark Ford
- The Living Mountain (The Grampian Quartet #4) – non-fiction by Nan Shepherd, intro by Robert Macfarlane
- Animal (Bagley Wright Lecture Series) – poetry/non-fiction by Dorothea Lasky
- Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language – non-fiction by Gretchen McCulloch
- Hearts of the Missing – Mystery by Carol Potenza
So there you have it, the last of the books I added to my TBR in 2019, in fact many were on the second to last day. Many of these books, more than I expected and would/will probably choose, are non-fiction. It’s not that I’m too cool or not cool enough for non-fiction it’s just that usually I have some go-to topics when it comes to real life stuff, but we’ll see. We’ll see what 2020 brings us. I was going to write about, very vaguely, what interested me in each book but that would take way too long. If I pick them up this year and read, perhaps that’ll be when I tell you what appealed to me, well at least I’ll try to remember or I’ll make up something about why it does now! 😉
Any of these books on your radar/TBR?
Thanks as always for visiting. Come back soon!
2 responses to “2019 TBR List New Additions Part 3”
I have The Nickel Boys on my TBR list. I haven’t read anything by Colson Whitehead in a while, and I’m long overdue.
Hello Rene! Thank you for stopping by. 😀
I have not read any Colson Whitehead YET but the name keeps popping up all around me. Seems I too am overdue to sit down with one of his books. I’ll keep my eyes open should you have anything to say about Nickel Boys. I’m thinking I should definitely get to at least one of his books this year. Mine TBR is so long!!! 😉
Thanks for your comment.